Friday, May 2, 2014

Jeremy Clarkson Responds To Racism Allegations In A New Video


Host says he 'did everything in my power to not use that word'

Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has released a video in which he says he was "extremely keen to avoid" the racist version of the "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe" rhyme.
While filming a segment about the Toyota GT 86 and Subaru BRZ, Clarkson says he did three takes and in the first two he "mumbled the offensive word" and in the third one he replace the n-word with teacher. Clarkson goes on to say when he viewed the footage, several weeks later, he realized in one of the mumbled versions "If you listened very carefully, with the sound turned right up, it did appear that I actually used the word I was trying to obscure."
Clarkson says he was "mortified" by this and did everything in his power to make sure this version of the clip was not aired. As he explains, he sent a note to the production office that said "I didn't use the n-word here, but I just listened through my headphones and it sounds like I did. Is there another take that we could use?"
In the end, Clarkson says "Please be assured, I did everything in my power to not use that word." He goes on to beg for forgiveness because his "effects were quite good enough."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment: